This project is read-only.

Help with satellite viewer control

Jul 23, 2010 at 3:01 PM
I have successfully implemented all of the GeoFramework controls and have muddled my way through some of the bugs that were in the library. However, I have not been able to figure out the satellite viewer control and what exactly it's supposed to look like. I get it to work and it shows me a direction and does appear to move but I don't see where the satellites are. Maybe I just don't understand what the satellite viewer control is supposed to look like. I though there would be some indication of where the satellites were located but I don't see that. Anybody please enlighten me.
Jul 26, 2010 at 10:10 PM
Hallo Carl, same problem here.... how can I manage to add satellite to the control 'manually' ?
Sep 13, 2010 at 12:11 PM

Looks like the GeoFramework.Gps.IO.Devices.SatellitesChanged event isn't being fired from the Interpreter. See SetFixedSatellites and AppendSatellites. I'm guessing that much like SetBearing assigns the Devices.Bearing SetFixedSatellites should be assigning Devices.Satellites when called from NmeaInterpreter.cs Parse(MneaSentance sentance) method. I think there may be other issues by the look of OnPaintOffScreen in SatelliteViewer.cs (like satellite.IsActive never being set to true) but this might give you a head start.

Nov 5, 2012 at 6:18 PM

As above said Satellite.IsActive is not set to True. 

Yes, by commenting the below code in OnPaintOffScreen satellites are displayed.

//if (!satellite.IsActive && !DesignMode)                        //    continue;

These lines are used in 3 locations in the same event.

Set the SatelliteView1.satellites in the nmeaInterpreter1_SatellitesChanged event.

Thanks for your inputs, helped me to achieve the requirement.

Regards

Ashok