Compile & linkGPS.Net 3.0 help

Nov 30, 2009 at 8:51 PM

Hi,

I'm a new comer in your environment.
I downloaded the GPS.Net 3.0 zip file and try to compile & link the project.
I downloaded also the geoframework-43182 which is indicated as needed dependency.

Do you have some instructions how to compile & link GPS.Net 3.0 ?

George.

Dec 28, 2009 at 1:13 PM

Hy, to run samples, you must :

Donwload :
* GPS.Net 3.0 zip
* GeoFramework 2.0

And put files :
* \Projects\GPS.NET 3.0
* \Projects\GeoFramework\2.0.0 Open Source

Because GPS.NET 3.0 .sln include files like this :
Project("{FAE04EC0-301F-11D3-BF4B-00C04F79EFBC}") = "GeoFramework (Desktop Framework 3.5)", "..\GeoFramework\2.0.0 Open Source\GeoFramework (Desktop Framework 3.5).csproj", "{26E18588-B04D-4987-BF36-8206A7E36FF9}"
Project("{FAE04EC0-301F-11D3-BF4B-00C04F79EFBC}") = "GeoFramework (Compact Framework 3.5)", "..\GeoFramework\2.0.0 Open Source\GeoFramework (Compact Framework 3.5).csproj", "{75C52FE9-4E96-4994-A34E-EC9DF0367C43}"

The examples are include : jperson : I merged in the GPS Diagnostics with this project, which should hopefully make the project easier to learn. (Sample GPS Application)

Mar 23, 2010 at 8:28 PM

Hi,

I hope someone can help me with getting the project loaded so I can figure out how it works...

I have done as described above but when I try to build the project (any of them) I get anywheer from 500 to 800+ errors/Warnings.  As far as I can tell all the projects are loaded but I suspect not with so many errors.  Some of the folder images apear with dotted lines around them even though the project is loaded.  I am also getting errors when I try to View the MainForm I get errors on it adn any form that I try to open... The error is...

Error	1	The referenced assembly "C:\Users\Phill\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\GPS.NET 3.0\bin\Debug\CF35\GeoFramework.Gps.PocketPC.dll" was not found. If this assembly is produced by another one of your projects, please make sure to build that project before building this one.	GPS Diagnostics CF (VB.NET)

When I try to build any other project first I gete a similar error pointing to the GEOFramework.GPS.dll was not found, also the GEOFramework.GPS.NMEA.NMEAInterpretor is missing.

I have tried to build each project seperatly and get the same or similar messages.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Phill

Mar 28, 2010 at 10:41 AM
Edited Mar 28, 2010 at 10:44 AM

Phill see my response to you issue post, generaly you should wait for a response here before making an issue.

If you're building for your laptop then you shouldn't be building for PocketPC you should be using the Desktop build configurations appropriate to your target .NET version anyway.

If you have the correct build config then you need to look at the project dependencies as is looks like a a couple of the projects that the others all depend on are not building. Find the errors in those projects first.

Apr 2, 2010 at 5:12 PM

I have read your response on teh other forum, sorry about the duplicate posts.

I am building an application to become a Desktop Application Not a PocketPC or Smartphone version.  I thought as I was not getting very far looking for desktop examples I might be able to get some inspiration of hints on how it all works by looking and the Smartphone & PocketPC versions.  I will keep searching for Desktop versions then.

Thanks

Phill