Need help with Device detect

Jul 30, 2010 at 4:22 AM

Hi there,

My problem is that I'm able to make my app work perfectly well under the Device emulator WM2003 (VS 2008, CF 3.5), but not in any real device.

In the emulator the GPS is on a virtual port managed by GpsGate 2.0

Here is my code. Please let me know if I missing something or doing wrong.

Both the Garmin Mobile XT and TomTom works OK.

Again, works OK in the emulator, but also kills the Garmin and TomTom, apparently after running my APP_GPS the ports got crazy...

I really need to make this work asap, so any help is very appreciated!

As can be seen, the follwing code is pretty much the same that comes with the library samples, in GPS.NET 3.0

Another thing that bugs me, besides the MAIN ISSUE, is that there is no way I can get any ALTITUDE reading, alwyas getting "Nan"...

If possible, besides pointing out any error I'm making in my code, a working sample of an app running on a REAL device will be certianly valued!

Public WithEvents GPS_Interpreter As New GeoFramework.Gps.Nmea.NmeaInterpreter  

Private Sub GPS_Start_Up()

AddHandler Devices.DeviceDetectionAttempted, AddressOf Devices_DeviceDetectionAttempted 

AddHandler Devices.DeviceDetectionAttemptFailed, AddressOf Devices_DeviceDetectionAttemptFailed

AddHandler Devices.DeviceDetectionStarted, AddressOf Devices_DeviceDetectionStarted

<font size="2">

</font>AddHandler Devices.DeviceDetectionCompleted, AddressOf Devices_DeviceDetectionCompleted<font size="2"> </font><font size="2">

</font>AddHandler Devices.DeviceDetectionCanceled, AddressOf Devices_DeviceDetectionCanceled
<font size="2"> </font>
<font size="2">

</font>AddHandler Devices.DeviceDetected, AddressOf Devices_DeviceDetected
<font size="2"> </font>
<font size="2">

</font>Me.GPS_Interpreter.IsFilterEnabled = True
<font size="2"> </font>
<font size="2">

</font>Me.GPS_Interpreter.AllowAutomaticReconnection = True
<font size="2"> </font>
<font size="2">

</font>Me.GPS_Interpreter.MaximumHorizontalDilutionOfPrecision = GeoFramework.Gps.DilutionOfPrecision.Moderate
<font size="2"> </font>
<font size="2">

</font>Me.GPS_Interpreter.MaximumVerticalDilutionOfPrecision = GeoFramework.Gps.DilutionOfPrecision.Moderate
<font size="2"> </font>
<font size="2">

</font>Devices.AllowBluetoothConnections = True
<font size="2"> </font>
<font size="2">

</font>Devices.AllowExhaustiveSerialPortScanning = True
<font size="2"> </font>
<font size="2">

</font>Devices.AllowInfraredConnections = True
<font size="2"> </font>
<font size="2">

</font>Devices.AllowSerialConnections = True
<font size="2"> </font>
<font size="2">

</font>Devices.AllowGpsIntermediateDriver = False
<font size="2"> </font>

End sub

I performed a hard reset and wiped all data off the device. 
Installed TomTom first, goes on line straight away. On board GPS device found first go.

Ran TomTom, all good, Ran APP_GPS, can't go online with device GPS, program just shuts down.

Tried TomTom, now the 'No GPS device' message comes up and will not go online. I tried also a Bluetooth Holux-1000 GPS receiver, same thing, cant' go on line.

A few times in the GPS/Status screen all the information come up for a few seconds just after pressing Start and before the software shuts down. Didn't do it every time, tried a few different sequences to make it come up again before the shut down. It doesn't seem to be any order to it. Some times it does it some times it does not.

The on board GPS is configured for port COM4 with baud 9600, the bluetooth external GPS receiver is configured to port COM8 with baud 9600.

They both work with TomTom before running APP_GPS.