SatelliteViewer usage

Jul 23, 2010 at 1:46 PM
Edited Jul 23, 2010 at 1:49 PM

Hallo all,

I'm trying to use the SatelliteViewer control without much luck... the control shows correctly but I cannot understand

the way to manage the satellites list.

I add a SatelliteViewer control in the GPS Diagnostic application coming with GPS.NET and I just put this instruction in the

satellites event handler of the NmeaInterpreter istance:

BeginInvoke(

new MethodInvoker(delegate () 
{
foreach (Satellite satellite in e.Satellites) 
{
    satelliteViewer1.Satellites.Add(satellite);

But it doesn't work... it seems that for some reason the Satellites list it's not correctly inizialized (but as far as I can see it's

initialized with room for 16 entries) and, at the time I'm trying to add satellites, its reference is 'null' ...

Any idea?

Best Regards,

Mike

Oct 27, 2010 at 2:59 PM

Same problem here. Anyone?

Nov 26, 2010 at 2:16 AM

Unfortunately the satellite viewer has a few bugs and doesn't work. If you look at the code you will see it is incomplete. I had a quick look at getting it going but don't have the time right now...

I don't think BigStick has gotten round to announcing it yet but this project is being merged with DotSpatial http://dotspatial.codeplex.com/ so you may want to keep on eye on it for when the GPS related stuff is fully integrated.

If you want to try to get it going yourself heres some tips - there are other issues with with maintaining the satellite collection as well but this will get you started.

SatelliteViewer.cs
Line 1257: for (int iconIndex = 0; iconIndex < Icon.Length; iconIndex++)
Line 1370: Devices_CurrentSatellitesChanged doesn't actually do anything it looks like originally the control was meant to connect to Devices.Satellites to populate the Satellite connection you could try:

private void Devices_CurrentSatellitesChanged(object sender, SatelliteListEventArgs e) { if (_IsUsingRealTimeData) { Satellites = (List<Satellite>)e.Satellites; InvokeRepaint(); } }
Nov 5, 2012 at 5:21 PM

If anyone is still looking for displaying the satellites in SatelliteViewer Control. Please visit the other discussions link 

http://gps3.codeplex.com/discussions/220982